New York Haul!

So if you read my last blog post you would have seen that last week I went to New York. It was the best holiday ever and if you want to see this post, click here. Anyway, whilst I was in NY I bought some things so I thought I would show you what I got.

First of all, I bought 2 tops in the gift shops as I was there. The first one was from when we went to the Empire State Building and it was $22.





The next one I fell in love with when I saw it in the Rockefeller Centre. It was a little more expensive at $25 but it is such a good t-shirt and I know I will be wearing it a lot.




Both of the t-shirts are so soft and I purposefully got them big so they are perfect to wear with leggings or even tucked into jeans or skirts.

The next thing I got was 2 pictures from a really sweet lady who was selling things on the Brooklyn Bridge. I saw a beautiful picture of New York at night in the Empire State Building gift shop but it was $25 so I decided to wait and I got both of these for $6 each! They were meant to be $10 but she did us a discount as about 5 of us bought things and we were foreign students. The black and white one is beautiful as it has the lights to commemorate the twin towers and New York looks beautiful at night which is why I got the night one too.

 *sorry about the flash, I couldn't be bothered to play around and fix it*


 Bloomingdales was the next stop on our shopping list and I treated myself to some MAC goodies. I asked the assistant to help me pick a foundation and he helped me find a wicked one and even gave me a makeover. He was all dressed up too as it was Halloween and he was the nicest guy I have ever met. It really annoyed me that I didn't find out his name but if you're reading this, you're cool. 


So the guy recommended the BB cream which is a moisturiser  primer, foundation and sun cream all in one little pot. I got the very light one and it feels so nice on my skin. It gives great coverage and the packaging is so cool as it's sparkly although you probably won't be able to see from the picture. It was $30 which I think is wicked as a high end foundation on its own is about $30 so for around £20 for 4 things is epic! The man also suckered me into buying the powder which is the best thing ever. I have quite oily skin and when I put this powder on I am not shiny for the whole day so I don't even need to reapply it. This was $30 and it was worth every cent so I am definitely going to be repurchasing it when it runs out.

Walgreens is a pharmacy but it literally has everything in it (it's like a Boots in the UK). This is where I spent quite a bit of money too. I only had about 5 minutes in there so trying to buy makeup in that short amount of time is stressful and if I was let loose I would probably spend all day in there.

Burt's Bees Lip balm: I have heard awesome reviews about this lip balm from so many people so I decided to try it for myself and everything they say is right! It is super moisturising and feels really nice on your lips. I can't remember how much it was but I would recommended to everyone I know.
Sally Hansen Nail Polish: I love Sally Hansen nail varnishes as they stay on for ages without chipping and apply so easily. I got the colour 'Sweet Talker' and it is such a pretty pale pink colour, but you do need about 3 coats for it to be totally opaque which is a bit of a bummer.
Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquers: I have wanted these for ages and for only $5 they are so much cheaper in NY than back home!! I got the colours Luna and Comet and they feel so nice on your lips and last for ages. They are called Apocalypse in England but are exactly the same thing. Luna is a really subtle orangey colour which is so pretty and Comet is a more purpley shade but I love them both and I have worn them everyday since I bought them.
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara: Tanya Burr has raved about this mascara for ages so I really wanted to try it and as it's so much cheaper in America (about $9 I think but don't hold me to it) I decided to buy it. It makes your lashes so bold and lengthens them so every word Tanya says is right and it is now my new favourite mascara.

To remember my trip I also bought a little keyring which is the Statue of Liberty on a purple background and it is very pretty and now lives on my keys.


As I had lots of money left over as I headed into the airport I had a little spend in there too. I got a new perfume which smells quite sweet and fresh. Usually I am not a perfume lover as I find them way too strong but this one is quite subtle so is perfect for me. 


#
As you can see it's called 'Happy In Bloom' by Clinque and it was $48. The packaging is the cutest thing I have ever seen and that is why it caught my eye in the first place. I have worn it a couple of times since I bought it and I love the new smell because I had been using the Apple Orchid body spray from Gilly Hicks for so long and I was starting to get bored of it. 

I also bought some ice breakers whilst I was there as these are the most delicious sweets I have ever tasted. I paid $3.50 for them which is a rip off though as I saw them back home in Tescos for £1.50! That annoyed me a bit but they are still so amazing and I have nearly eaten them all already.


So apart from some presents that I have already given to people, that is everything I bought in New York. Sorry this post was so long I did buy quite a lot of stuff (oops). I really miss New York and I am 100% going back as soon as I can. I hope you enjoyed reading this and I shall see you all soon.

<3







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Christmas Tag

Nina Nesbitt Concert!